วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 1 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro Cleaner FH50220 IF you are compelled to clean your own carpets....


Very easy to use, just OK on cleaning., One Sunday night I was halfway thru shampooing a seriously dirty rug when the handle snapped right off my 30 year old rug shampooer. Not wanting to have a soapy mess in the house all night I ran down to my local Best Buy, where this was the only carpet cleaner in stock. Reviews on my smartphone seems OK, so I bought it.

Where it's great is ease of use. With the clear instructions I was able to set it up in about 2 minutes. The two water tanks (clean and dirty) both pop in and out, and have handy carry handles. Taking them to the sink for regular changes was ridiculously easy. The dirty water tank just lifts right out - that they can do this with no leaks or loss of performance is a great bit of engineering. All the parts that need cleaning snap out and can be easily rinsed in a shower or bathtub. 5+ stars for ease of use.

My cleaning test was a bit unfair, because the rug in question had been on the floor of a kid's room for 18 years. She's in college now (the kid, not the rug), and I don't think the rug has been cleaned since grade school, buried under what my wife and I called "the rubble". I knew the floor was still under there because the rubble didn't just fall to the center of the earth, but I had not seen the rug in years. Turned out to be light blue, with stains that looked like paint, coffee, chocolate, and nondescript dark areas. As I mentioned, this rug made short work of the first shampooer I tried.

The Hoover MaxExtract did pull a lot of dirt out of the rug, and even (with some elbow grease) pulled up some of the stains. Other stains are still there. I tried bleach on one yellowish spot, and only managed to lighten the color in the rug around it. Now it looks like a big fried egg. The Cleaning is OK for a household unit, but not quite up to a real steam cleaner or a big truck-mounted unit. The rug, though still stained, does look and feel much cleaner than it was. 3-4 stars for cleaning.

The handheld attachment is great. It let me get right up to the edges of the rug, so they look clean right up to the baseboard. I also used the handheld to go after some of the more stubborn stains, with many repitiions of soak & vacuuming. Some of the stains (not all) actually came out this way. I'll bet it works wonders on car upholstery too.

Our dog peed on the rug after it was clean; so I got to use the cleaner all over again a few days later. With a bit of work it pulled the urine stains out (they'd sat overnight).
Cleans nicely!, I bought this after reading many reviews. I didn't want a Bissell, all the ones I've had, and friends had, did not clean well. The Rug Doctors are nice, but spendy. I read about the Hoover Steamvac line, that the plastic was flimsy and the handles break easily. This MaxExtract 60 is pretty solid, cleans extremely well, the tanks are so simple to change and refill, and it leaves the carpet almost dry. There is a drawback to its cleaning ability though, the tanks need to be changed frequently. But that's ok with me because it's so easy. The cord could be longer as well, but again, it cleans well. I'm happy with this purchase.
love this cleaner, I bought the hoover extract 60 last week and I love it...it brings your carpet back to life and gets alot of stains out that were in the carpet before...this is definately a must buy....better than the bissell and the gross bag that they have...
Great Idea, Poor Construction ..., Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) I have always been leery of personal carpet cleaners. It seems everyone has a horror story about squishy rugs, chemical odors, asthma attacks, etc... Hence, we have always had our carpet professionally cleaned once-a-year. We have experienced no problems.

Therefore, when asked to "test-drive" the Hoover MaxExtract, I was skeptical but willing to experiment.
Extremely easy to use, works great, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) We got the Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro Carpet Deep Cleaner to replace a 10-year old model - also a Hoover - that worked fairly well, but left our carpets very damp and mostly unusable for a couple of days until they dried out.
Cleans carpets well, makes it easy to clean them, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) The MaxExtract 60 (ME60) fully deserves the maximum 5-star rating because it meets and exceeds our expectations for a carpet cleaner in this price range.
FINALLY! A rug cleaner that cleans!, My 3rd Bissell just broke, i have rented Rug Doctors several times in between trying to get the pet stains out of my white Berber, and nothing has ever worked. I figured it was the best it is going to get. Boy, was i wrong. I just got this machine. It set up in minutes. So lightweight. I used the Platinum Pet Formula. AND I HAVE WHITE BERBER CARPETS AGAIN!! It was so simple. And best of all, everything broke down and cleaned so easy. No lugging heavy containers. No cleaning impossible enclosed bags. Just pick up the container, dump it down the toilet, rinse, dry, and DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE THE SCREENS. Takes seconds, but must be done every time. Well worth the few minutes to care for this magnificent machine since it is taking such amazing care of me.
IF you are compelled to clean your own carpets...., Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) If you need to clean your carpets frequently - monthly or quarterly &/or have older carpeting - then owning your own cleaner is probably a good idea. With that said - this item arrived in record time through Amazon - in the blink of an eye it was on my porch and ready to use. I just had the carpets cleaned a month ago but decided to see just what this item would do on supposedly clean carpets. Here's the experience.

Knowing that I had to allow time to read/assemble/read some more - figure it out, etc. I left it in the box for 3 days till I had solitude and patience to unpack the cleaner. The hardest part of unpacking and preparing this cleaner for use was cutting open the box. Once unpacked, the simplicity of the item was a complete joy !! A person couldn't ask for more ease of assembly or uncomplicated use.

Upper tank - clean water and soap concentrate mixed with water - lower tank is for dirty residue pulled back out of carpet. Both have handles for ease in handling. They are a smaller size - maybe two quarts or a gallon but there are pros and cons to this. You have to fill top tanks and empty bottom one more often but you don't need to be Popeye to carry the tanks back and forth between sink and machine.

It did bring dirt from my carpet - not alot but this was due to it just being cleaned (of this I am sure.) Because we took the item to my Father's home. The carpets haven't been shampooed in over 5 years. Hooked up this Hoover and ran it in the entranceway only. Within 4 swipes the matted, darkened carpet pile lifted and looked quite nice. The residue pulled from the carpet was like mud. After seeing this I knew this cleaner was going to work perfectly and since time didn't allow for the excessive cleaning needed on that particular carpeting, we rinsed the cleaner and set it aside until next week when we have a full day to focus on that older, dirtier carpet.

So there you have it - At one time I owned an Electrolux shampooer that had 3 round pads to lift pile. All that ever did was swirl the dirt and left the water in the carpet.
Great cleaner, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) With two toddlers running around the house and making messes everywhere, our carpets and couches get filthy. Rather than get rid of the carpets, tile everything, and install floor drains (I am sometimes tempted to simply hose everything down), we opted for this Hoover carpet cleaner instead.

The cleaner was very easy to put together - in fact, I did not even need to refer to the directions. The cleaner is not too heavy and was easy to use on the stairs and on different types of carpet. I did, however, carry the cleaner with a full tank of water up the stairs for my wife. We have a large home and nearly all of it is carpeted, so ease of use was a big deal. The machine came equipped with a 16 fluid ounce concentrated (2X) cleaner - although we have been sparing with the cleaner, it is not too expensive (approximately $15-20 for a 64 fluid ounce bottle).

With respect to cleaning ability, the machine works extremely well and we were generally pleased with its performance - I think the rotating brushes are great. For really tough stains however, we had to spray a brand name carpet cleaner on the carpet before the machine could take the stain out. Otherwise, the machine worked well on carpets of varying heights and even on couches covered with a velour fabric - the couches were cleaned with the hand-held hose attachment.
Toe Curling Carpet Cleaner, Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program ( What's this?) Toe curling? Really?

Yes. Absolutely. Post-carpet cleaning toe-curling, barefoot lovin' clean and soft carpets.

Really.

BUT it's not that easy. That being said, the effort is worth it.

The Quick:
Pros: Effective. Good suction (go very slowly and it will suck up quite a bit of water!). Good scrubbing. End result: Fantastically clean carpets.

Cons: Heavy machine and stiff steering(especially if you have arthritis in back, arms, and hands)
This particular kit DOES NOT INCLUDE: Squeegee for hard floors or SpinScrub attachment (SpinScrub can be purchased separately and according to other reviews so can the squeegee though I have not attempted to obtain the squeegee yet)
Hoover does not seem to have a natural cleanser for their machines that discloses ingredients and using a non-hoover shampoo/cleanser may void warranty or damage machine, which could be a problem for folks with various chemical allergies/sensitivities and parents with crawlers.

The Long Story:
We have been living in a condo that was brand new when we moved in. We have been here for 7 years. 7 years of potty training, food spilling, drink tipping, dust gathering... I tried lots of the dry cleaners (I love Dyson's Zorb, but this goes deeper and I'm going to use Zorb for in-between MaxExtract marathons)... Spot cleaners have been used quite a bit as have various vacuums.

I believed that if we decided to flip our condo (not in this market), we would surely have to replace all of the carpets.

And then the Hoover MaxExtract 60 showed up on my doorstep.

Here's how we cleaned our carpets with the MaxExtract:
I am also test driving a Panasonic vacuum cleaner so first we vacuumed with my Dyson handheld
(gross amount of stuff came up)
Then we vacuumed with my Dyson Ball upright (I have the compact model as it is easier on my arthritic hands and arms when I don't have someone to vacuum for me)...
(another pile of gross stuff... weirdly fascinating)
Then we vacuumed with the Panasonic vacuum and I was horrified at how much more stuff came up.
(piles of nasty! Had to empty canister twice for a 10 x 20' room)

Then I filled the tank.

  • Spinscrub Technology with 60 counter rotating brushes engineered to surround carpet fibers, removing dirt at every angle
  • Auto conversion tools conveniently positioned right at your finger tips
  • MaxExtract DualV Nozzle Technology pulls up more dirty water so your floors dry fast and you will be back to living on your deep cleaned floors quickly.
  • Smart Tanks System gives you separate tanks for clean and dirty water, so you can easily fill, empty, and rinse each tank individually
  • Pressurized edge to edge cleaning gives you a wall of pressurized water that loosens and lifts stubborn stains with a constant and relentless spray

  • Spinscrub Technology with 60 counter rotating brushes engineered to surround carpet fibers, removing dirt at every angle.Auto conversion tools conveniently positioned right at your finger tips.MaxExtract DualV Nozzle Technology pulls up more dirty water so your floors dry fast and you will be back to living on your deep cleaned floors quickly..Smart Tanks System gives you separate tanks for clean and dirty water, so you can easily fill, empty, and rinse each tank individually.Pressurized edge to edge cleaning gives you a wall of pressurized water that loosens and lifts stubborn stains with a constant and relentless spray. Hoover’s new MaxExtract deep cleaners are designed to clean a variety of surfaces from carpets to couches—even sealed wood floors and tiled floors.


    Related Products

    ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

    แสดงความคิดเห็น